- Simplified Three Day CleanseThis entry-level, three-day cleanse is appropriate at any time of year and is designed to rest and reset the digestive tract in the shortest amount of time possible. Because it is so brief and does not involve an extensive list of practices beyond the dietary protocols, this approach is generally a wonderful introduction for anyone new to cleansing. The cleanse is based on a very simple diet of whole grains and kitchari, and is complemented by detoxifying fluids and supportive herbs. Like the digestive reset, this process kindles agni and clears ama by encouraging the light, clear, and subtle qualities, but it goes deeper than the one-day digestive reset can.This three-day cleanse affords the body an important break from the harmful inputs that we typically ingest each day, giving agni a chance to rest, recuperate, and repair itself while encouraging the body’s natural mechanisms of detoxification. Overall, this cleanse helps to kindle the digestive fire, strengthen the digestive capacity, burn accumulated ama and clear excess vata, pitta, and kapha from the digestive tract. It can also be profoundly clarifying for the mind and the tissues. In just three days, you will likely notice an enhanced sense of taste as well as marked improvements in your appetite, digestion, elimination, and mental clarity.
Consider this approach if:
- You want to experience the benefits of a stronger digestive fire and a clearer mind.
- You feel ready to tackle more than a one-day digestive reset, but simplicity feels like the right energy tobring to your cleansing process at this time.
- You are new to cleansing and want to experience the benefits of an Ayurvedic cleanse, but you also wantto start small.
- You have experience cleansing but want to focus on a short, food-based cleanse at this time (withoutmany other requirements).
- You feel excited about committing three-days of your life to the process of cleansing.
- This approach is NOT for you if:
- You are extremely weak, debilitated, or convalescing.
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding, or menstruating.